Skip to content

logo
Site Map | About Us | Contact

Home About Ray Biography Filmography Filmmaking Forum Great Directors Books & Videos Links

Music-related info. of Ray's films

Music-related info. of Ray's films

Postby viplavg on Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:23 am

Hello,

I've just registered here and this is my first post to the list. I've been compiling some music from Ray's films for my personal pleasure and looking for some music-related information from Ray's film Charulata and Kanchanjanga, I think this info. is mentioned in the credit titles but since I do not know Bengali I need some help.

1. Female Vocalist of the Tagore song Phule phule (which Charulata sings in the garden)

2. Male vocalist of the song (in raga Shree) with pakhawaj accompaniment [in the party scene] Also, who wrote the words and the tune of this song, Satyajit Ray himself?

3. There is a Tagore song in Kanchanjanga rendered by Amiya Tagore: "Je parobashi rone ke" Are these words right?

I'd really appreciate if anybody knowing this info. could post it or hint at some source on the net where it could be found.

Many thanks,

Viplav
viplavg

Postby ratnakar shashonkarta on Mon May 01, 2006 9:56 am

viplav

am not aware if regarding the swing sequence in charulata ,ray used someone elses voice to sing phule phule other than madhabi herself.
unfortunately do not have immediate access to the film so cannot recall which male song you are referring to.i remember a song used "mone karo sheshero shey din bhayankar"..it was written by rammohon roy.dont know who sang it.pakhawaj was used for that one.

the amiya thakur sung rabindrasangeet in kanchanjungha was"e parobaashe robe ke"
ratnakar shashonkarta

Re: Music-related info. of Ray's films

Postby hungrydog on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:02 pm

The Rammohan Roy song - "mone karo sheshero shey din bhayankar" - was recorded by "Sangeetacharya" Jaykrishna Sanyal - an well-known classical musician and music teacher.
hungrydog

Postby LazaroMoon on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:14 pm

used someone elses voice to sing phule phule other than madhabi herself.

--------------------------------------
http://www.buywholesaledvd.com/
LazaroMoon

Postby 9DVD6HD8 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:15 am

I am not aware if regarding the swing sequence in charulata ,ray used someone elses voice to sing phule phule other than madhabi herself.

------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.audvdmart.com/product/game-of-thrones-season-3-dvd-box-set
9DVD6HD8

Postby Tsukiyomi on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:58 am

Again, I found a wise solution to this problem.
Tsukiyomi

Return to Music and Sound