[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Satyajit Ray Org • View topic - Wonder and the Life of Philosophy in Modern Society

Skip to content

logo
Site Map | About Us | Contact

Home About Ray Biography Filmography Filmmaking Forum Great Directors Books & Videos Links

Wonder and the Life of Philosophy in Modern Society

Postby avisolo on Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:10 am

This remarkable film is in many ways a self portrait of Satyajit Ray because he was none other than an anthropologist and philosopher in the true sense of playful, childlike wonder. This is the the story of how how a life of curiousity and wonder have to survive in this cruel and foolish world which judges everything in materialistic terms.
The philosopher is always and everywhere a stranger,though full of joy, simplicity and wonder at Being which is fervently demonstrated in the 'cosmic magician' sequence. Only those with the child in them alive will understand!
avisolo

Innocence

Postby soham_pablo on Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:05 am

I love the place in Agantuk where Bablu tells his 'Chot-dadu' that his friends are coming to see him.

All the grown ups are pretending that their frinds are coming for all sorts of reasons and here's this guy who just, well, speaks the truth for a change ! Classic .
soham_pablo

Another good film!!!

Postby streetsmartrony on Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:49 am

Utpal Dutt was simply mesmerizing during his career......even here, he excels as Manmohan.
streetsmartrony

Postby KamassidO on Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:51 pm

ah , that was my concerns as well - perhaps it will be best to just pull and recycle , i now have the technology - just need the time and a place to work , or i may use some in my display
KamassidO

Return to Agantuk (The Stranger), 1991