[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Satyajit Ray Org • View topic - APUR PANCHALI

Skip to content

logo
Site Map | About Us | Contact

Home About Ray Biography Filmography Filmmaking Forum Great Directors Books & Videos Links

APUR PANCHALI

APUR PANCHALI

Postby manikjethu on Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:56 am

MY YEARS WITH APU was the Master's last book, published posthumously. Bijoya Ray had taken great pains in reworking the only draft of the book she had with her after the master's death(the final draft had mysteriously disappeared from the Ray household).
But the Bengali translation is far from satisfactory. Read one line and you can make out that it is not written by the Master. Satyajit Ray wrote great Bengali, and APUR PANCHALI was a big let down.
Read MY YEARS WITH APU, not with APUR PANCHALI.
manikjethu

Re: APUR PANCHALI

Postby Jesseniaara on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:49 am

I was impressed to read posts like this very much.
Jesseniaara

Re: APUR PANCHALI

Postby Chaiwutkung on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:17 am

Every life story will teach us to learn.
Chaiwutkung

Return to Books, Videos & DVDs