[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Satyajit Ray Org • View topic - where can i get ray's movies

Skip to content

logo
Site Map | About Us | Contact

Home About Ray Biography Filmography Filmmaking Forum Great Directors Books & Videos Links

where can i get ray's movies

where can i get ray's movies

Postby kandan on Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:53 am

hi,
i am a new member to this forum and am deeply interested in movie making. i would like to watch Ray's movies for it is definetely going to prove as a resource center for so many aspects of movie making. i would just like o know where you would get Styajit Ray's movies in chennai. thank you
kandan
kandan

Re: where can i get ray's movies

Postby mshubhankar on Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:13 pm

Hello,
Welcome to this forum. You can get Ray's cinema on DVD/VCD from websites: indiatimes.com/ rediff.com. You can alternatively look for amazon.com too.
By the way, RayFASC and AMPAS (Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences) are sponsoring an upcoming festivals of restored Ray films on January 10-16, in Bangalore. You can get the chance to see them there.
Need anymore information regarding Satyajit Ray, feel free to ask.
All the best.
Shubhankar Mazumdar.

kandan wrote:hi,
i am a new member to this forum and am deeply interested in movie making. i would like to watch Ray's movies for it is definetely going to prove as a resource center for so many aspects of movie making. i would just like o know where you would get Styajit Ray's movies in chennai. thank you
kandan
mshubhankar

thank you

Postby kandan on Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:55 am

thank you very much for that info, but i was generally looking towards renting his movies and not buying it as of now. but it is good to know where i can get it. otherwise, with regards to this film festival hosted by rayFASC and AMPAS do we have to paysomething for the show or is there a membership that is required to be obtained and any amount that might need to be payed. i am looking forward to make a short movie along with my friend on a DV cam and thought i would be good to know a list of short film's that ray made and is there any chance that we can obtain them. thank you very much once again
kandan
kandan

Return to Books, Videos & DVDs