[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Satyajit Ray Org • View topic - Chess Players

Skip to content

logo
Site Map | About Us | Contact

Home About Ray Biography Filmography Filmmaking Forum Great Directors Books & Videos Links

Chess Players

Chess Players

Postby Shikhar on Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:00 am

Hi,
this is the only Ray movie I've seen ..and I like the film making in the movie that is so easily visible..or distinguishable..from other filmmakers...something like ..any good directors..the only..problem that I face is finding Ray's old movies..and in good quality..
Shikhar

Postby streetsmartrony on Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:07 am

Saeed Jaffery is Brilliant in this movie!!!!
streetsmartrony

Re: Chess Players

Postby rayfan2009 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:51 am

Second that: Saeed Jaffery was very good in this movie. I thought that the scene with Aquil and Begum was quite funny.

A friend of mine noticed that Wajid Ali Shah hugged (royal embrace) Gen Outram twice and not thrice (which according to my friend was customary). My question is: is it traditional that one hugs a guest thrice and was the third hug omitted by Wajid Ali Shah to express displeasure with Gen. Outram?

Thanks.
rayfan2009

Return to Shatranj Ke Khilari (The Chess Players), 1977