[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Satyajit Ray Org • View topic - Charulata-my opinion.

Skip to content

logo
Site Map | About Us | Contact

Home About Ray Biography Filmography Filmmaking Forum Great Directors Books & Videos Links

Charulata-my opinion.

Charulata-my opinion.

Postby shoudamini on Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:44 pm

Hello,
This is Shoudamini from Jaipur. I recently came to know about this wonderful website and couldn't resist to join it.

well, recently I watched Charulata..nonetheless to say that it was out of this world. It was the first Ray movie, I watched and what I gathered was exceptionally wonderful. Although, I am too amateur to say anything about the great Satyajit Ray and one of his great creation, 'Charulata' but I had read many comments and reviews on the same and ofcourse, many analysis so, I was tempted to present my opinion too.

Talking about the movie, I go speechless...wondering where to start from. It is something beyond compare. While watching the movie, you don't remember the film maker...all you remember is what you are watching and after the end, you get up with a lifetime impact of Satyajit Ray on you..you cannot forget the simlicity...the level of comfort while watching a movie of one of the greatest film makers. It is an out of this world exprience...

One of my most favourite scene of this movie is when on the beach charulata and his husband are on the beach when while getting up, her husband offers charu his hand (denoting his need for charu) and in the end, finally...charu offering her hand to his husband(denoting the change of need) where the story of a lonely wife turns into an irony of a lonely husband.
shoudamini

Postby chirpy_sabz on Wed May 18, 2005 11:29 pm

i have heard so much about this movie, I have to see it!
chirpy_sabz

Postby Pradipto19 on Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:55 am

Charulata - Can we have words to describe it - perhaps No. Still u feel like expressing your awe at the master's creation - I think it is undobtedly the most romantic moview ever made...
Pradipto19

Postby streetsmartrony on Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:09 am

I am so IMPATIENT to watch this movie!!!!!
streetsmartrony

Postby hazysnap on Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:39 am

I'll second that :lol: In a way you are lucky to be about to discover this movie. I still remember the day I watched it, Charulata has definitely changed my life :wink:
hazysnap

Postby super_fan on Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 am

I haven’t watched the film….i do not possess the DVD. I searched for the film but I haven’t found it. I got only some posters of the film on the net. If you want to see them, then please let me know. I have them already uploaded on my image hosting site. just tell me and then I’ll post the pictures.
super_fan

WHAT'S THE MATTER

Postby DELETED on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:06 pm

DELETED
DELETED

Return to Charulata (The Lonely Wife), 1964